It’s day six of my thankful lists, and it isn’t hard to identify reasons to give thanks; what’s tough is narrowing them down. Though I will try not to write a treatise about each, at least a compound sentence is often necessary. So here is today’s attempt:
Angie’s Five Things for Thanks
(I’m sure not certain about a perfect list title… I’ll keep trying)
1. Miracle Camp – in Lawton, Michigan, this is a lovely place where our daughters will spend a week learning about the Lord and enjoying time with friends, while they help very patient and energetic counselors earn their summer checks (which may not be high enough… I know junior high stucents).
2. Arby’s orange cream shakes – what great refreshment on the way home from Michigan – and a wonderful celebration of National Ice Cream Month!
3. Jay Kesler – I love hearing Jay’s wisdom when he fills the pulpit at our church, and his descriptions of what is meant by a “haughty tongue” (Proverbs 6) were quite thought-provoking. (We love you, Jay!)
4. Not-as-hot weather is lovely – it’s hard to call 86 degrees “cooler,” but a twenty degree difference is incredibly appreciated.
5. A week with T.R. – while the girls are at camp, I get to have my husband more to myself this week. (Love you, Sweetie!)