Hard to believe this is our last full day at the lake, I am enjoying the times our extended family is sharing. I think we’re all rather ready to return to our own homes, but it will be so fun to see how our family relationships are strengthened by the little things that happen during together time. So here I’ll share five bits of this week that make me smile and certainly deserve a “thanks”!
Day 17 – 5 bits of well-deserved thanks
1. smiles – unreserved smiles of delight in particular, those from young girls in response to a game, book, ice cream treat or hug.
2. sisters-in-law – growing up with only brothers, it is a delight to spend time with these two lovely ladies. Chanda was especially patient with me during an outing we enjoyed today. (Thanks, Chanda!)
3. the beach – alright, we live in Indiana, but I am so thrilled that my daughters were able to enjoy visits to the Lake Michigan beach with relatives, while Mommy couldn’t handle the heat. And if I miss tonight’s sunset due to rain, that’s okay – we can all use the water, however it’s timed!
4. card games – especially games that have special family memories. Growing up, there was a type of rummy we had played and named after the medical advertisement that was written at of our directions paper. Historically, I never win this game against family members, but this time I did… probably because Matt was in bed, but family games are fun. 🙂
5. talented family members – it has been fun to see artwork/design projects from my older brother, and even just to hear witty descriptions from my little brother always makes me chuckle. To know my older brother and his wife are leaving tomorrow for a week ministering at a Native American camp, where they’ll both be focusing on artistic abilities, makes the time they’ve taken to share with all of us even more special.
Thank you, family!