I am enjoying this journey of thankfulness, but I unknowingly painted myself into a proverbial corner on that first day. There is so much to be thankful for, but… I said I wouldn’t repeat. Overlap, yes, repeat, no. So as I consider lovely things about today, many of them were highlighted previously. As I consider this day, I certainly see bits and pieces that deserve a shout-out, so to speak.
So here is today’s list of those pieces:
Day 23 – 5 snippets of life that deserve thankful notice
1. fun t-shirts – I love the one my daughter is wearing today, “I’m not random, I just have many thoughts.” Her sister is wearing a shirt with the face of a grinning koolaid pitcher. They make me smile. 🙂
2. occasional moments of unfettered sisterhood – our twin daughters frequently spend days pushing each other’s buttons relentlessly, but at times, they show love and appreciation for one another that surprises even me. They just ordered matching “sister” bracelets, and they plan to wear them much of the time. They paid for these from their allowances. And it was their idea.
3. my organized husband – he has done a tremendous job organizing our board games and such, and our family and friend game nights will be all-the-more enjoyable as we can examine our activity choices more freely. He recently applied these skills to our kitchen organization also, something for which I continue to be thankful!
4. geeks – several of those in this category are in my family (myself included), but I’m sure we can all agree that geekdom makes the world a better place. For now, I’ll leave it at that. 🙂
5. leftovers – lunch is so nice when one can warm bits from last.night’s supper, particularly if you enjoyed last night’s supper. And we did.
What bits of things are you thankful for today?