1. things that stop – They say “all good things must come to an end,” but on the flip side, not-so-good things have endings also. What is actually making me thankful right now is that the hiccups that have just started will soon end. Of this I’m certain. This may sound silly to some, but hiccups plague me from time to time, and I am so thankful that they never stick around for too long. (I’m hoping they’ll stop by the time I finish number five.)
2. a home we can open – So glad our house can be a welcome place for guests! It was fun to see our girls spend time here with a friend, and we hope these times continue through the years.
3. cordless phones – It hasn’t really been that long since our telephones all had long, twisty cords. The telephone without such a thing still take me aback at times. (It really hasn’t been that long, has it? Decades, you say? Well, they’re still quite nifty. Never mind cell phones… that will wait for another day.)
4. Pizza and tradition – Some traditions are meant to continue through the years, and in our house, Friday night pizza is one such custom. I started making pizza dough in the bread machine each week when our daughters were in preschool, baking the crust on a pizza stone. Breadsticks, too. Now, our daughters often measure the ingredients, and they help assemble the final product. Tonight’s was particularly good… Mmmm…
5. Chocolate milk – We rarely drink soda in our house, and our weekly pizza time is made complete with none other than chocolate milk. No, not Coke, Pepsi or Mountain Dew, but chocolate milk. And I like it that way. 🙂
…in case you’re wondering, the hiccups left by I was finished typing number 3. Yes, all things come to an end, some more quickly than others.