Thanks in the midst of the storm – Today’s 5 Things of Thanks
1. Air conditioning – When the outside temperature is in the high 80’s and the dew point is 73, I agree with this morning’s radio announcer: stepping outside felt like entering a steam tunnel. And days like today increase my already extreme thankfulness for air conditioning!.
2. Mixed cd’s – My loving husband has a set of three CD’s in a series he’s titled “Twu Wuv” (if you’ve seen The Princess Bride, you’ll understand the title’s origin. As referenced in the name, these are groups of “real” love songs. And they’re fun to listen to in the car!
3. Needle-free MS meds – I am so thankful that the medication I take each day for MS does NOT INVOLVE NEEDLES! For more than thirteen years, I was blessed to have daily or weekly (or something in between) injections, or a monthly infusion… and I really don’t like needles. But it truly was a blessing, as this was the only way the medication could enter my body in a way that helped. So you can imagine why I am so thankful that there is now an oral medication I can take – hooray!!
4. Singing girls – When our daughters arrive home from time with Grandpa and Grandma, one way I can tell they’ve returned is the lack of quiet. And this “lack” is generally filled with music: Broadway or choruses or Disney or something new they create… it makes me smile. Glad they’re home!
5. Safety amidst the storm – The steaminess led to very severe thunderstorms, and while five thousand people in our county lost power and trees were damaged, our house was safe. Our raised garden was protected from wind gusts by the house, and I was indeed thankful for our safety. I’m saying a prayer for those whose power is still lingering.