ballads, baking, beans and birds – Five things of thanks:
1. less-quiet mornings – once they’re both awake, it’s fun to hear our daughters burst into song periodically… and thankfully, they can both sing in tune. 🙂
2. peanut butter and nutella – when peanut butter joins with this chocolaty hazelnut spread, it is quite reminiscent of a Reese’s peanut butter cup. And spread on wheat bread, this makes a tasty lunch entrée. Mmmm!
3. baking daughter – After seeing that we had ingredients out to make a pie for a weekend event, our daughter took it upon herself to bake the pie herself. She did a masterful job, and it smelled lovely! (Wish we could be there Saturday, and I think she’ll need to make another milk chocolate peanut butter chip cookie pie for our family later!)
4. fresh green beans! – when checking under the leaves of the bushy bean plants in our garden, we found that there were lots and lots of green beans ready for the picking! (…and yellow and purple ones… they were fun seeds to plant.) Tomorrow’s supper, here we come!
5. the return of “percher” – it is always a joy to watch hummingbirds sip from the feeder at our window, and last year, there was one particular bird that actually perched on the feeder, not simply hovering like the typical hummingbird. We hadn’t noticed a repeat this year (we had seen her in both 2011 and 2012), but our patience was rewarded this evening. This was likely a newer hummer, but with a similar flair as our bird of previous years, this “percher” laid claim to a plastic flower petal near the sugary, nectar-like elixir. Her wings laid at rest while she sipped for many seconds at a time. These birds never fail to fascinate me!