Today’s 5 thankful things
1. anti-gravity properties of swimming pools – For a person with limited coordination, a swimming pool is indeed a glorious thing. Walking in the pool, tripping will not lead to bruises or broken bones. Nice!
2. pool noodles – a noodle in each hand, pressing downward in water, acts much like light hand weights. A much more enjoyable way to exercise when you’re at a pool! 🙂
3. old socks and creative kids – making “sock monsters” with socks, stuffing, buttons, needles and thread makes for a fun afternoon for creative cousins. Just wish we’d packed more socks… who knew?
4. fireflies – these beautiful, blinking bioluminescent insects never fail to fascinate me!
5. cell phones – when family members wish to connect from far-away places, cell phones are indeed a blessing! And when kids need rides home, or we need to add an item to the grocery list, or the unexpected occurs, or… well, it’s hard to remember life WITHOUT these little contraptions.