Today’s Five Thankful Things
1. Worship – Time with our church family lifting songs of worship and times of sharing in unity, is truly precious. And I pray that our Lord is truly blessed by our offerings.
2. Sunday dinner, no matter what type – Whether we have a fancy feast or “breakfast for lunch” Sunday fare is always special.
3. Cinnamon-swirl toast – with strawberry-rhubarb jam, this is indeed a treat.
4. Back-to-school sales – Though July always feels too early for such sales, it almost feels like Christmas to find such wonderful deals on folders and pencils and pens and markers and paper… makes me think of Meg Ryan’s character in “You’ve Got Mail,” when she wished for a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils.
5. Sunday afternoon naps – There is a sort of rest that transcends other naps on other days.