On a lovely day like today, it isn’t hard to be thankful. Why? Well, let me tell you a few of the reasons:
Day 3 – 5 reasons for thanks!
1. non-typical July weather – temperatures that max out in the low 70’s are my favorite – and with blue skies to boot! Perfect!
2. Canadian friends – I had meant to give a “shout-out” to you on Day 1… I appreciate your patience. July 1 was Canada Day, and my life has been made so much richer by friends who live in Ontario, Manitoba, British Columbia, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island… Kindred Spirits through love of literature and of shared life paths, you know who you are. Thank you!
3. Grandparents – our daughters have left for a wonderful holiday weekend of time camping with Grandma Connie and Grandpa Dave – what fun! Time for them to make memories and enjoy the beauty of our state. We so appreciate the chance for our girls to share these special times!
4. “Date” time – their camping time means our couple time. A game or movie lies ahead! It’s nice to have special times together.
5. Window birdfeeders – it is such a joy to look to the window and see sparrows, finches and such enjoying our backyard. …I’m sure they would argue that this bit of land isn’t OURS, and they’d be quite right. But I’m glad we can share this swatch of space. And that they perch and display their graceful (though sometimes cantankerous) stance. Thank you, birdies, for making me smile.