On this Sunday, it is a pleasure to highlight five blessings – and I feel so blessed! How? Let me tell you:
Today’s 5 things of thanks:
1. Children at Home – We were so happy to see our daughters home from their camping trip! The “empty nest” in a few years will be tough, I think.
2. Church carry-ins – great food, nice company – it’s always a treat to mingle with church family in this special way!
3. music and memories – playing music from yesterday’s big stack of CD’s, we listened to Hootie & the Blowfish and REM, smiling as we thought back to college and early married years. I suppose you could say we were “Smiling happy people.” J
4. NPR – I enjoy listening to the well-researched, witty and thoughtful programs and reports of National Public Radio. From “Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me” to “This American Life” to “Indiana Weekend” (and “Morning Edition” each day!), I’m quickly becoming a bit of an NPR geek, I think.
5. first Sunday of the month – “communion Sunday” at church, where I get to partake in the reminder of Jesus’ great sacrifice.