5 “Things of Thanks” for today:
1. TOPPIT Pizza – We adore the small town pizza place, a spot I first grew to love in college, then became a fan all over again after Upland became our home. Their sauce, their crusts, the beadsticks, the baked subs… all phenomenal. It is moving from its in-town location to a better spot, and we wish them the best! Of course, we had to make one final visit last night before their move. (Going from a 2 minute drive to a 6 minute drive away won’t keep us away, I’m sure. 🙂 )
2. school supply sales – though it seems school is coming too fast, I love taking advantage of the school supply sales – folders, sharpies, paper, pens, erasers – you can’t match the deals at any other time of the year!
3. great youth leaders – we’re thankful for the lovely young lady who will be taking a group of high school girls camping – brave lady! 🙂 (It’s a neat group, and I’m sure they’ll have a fun, memorable adventure!)
4. The Lego Movie – I finally saw this yesterday evening, and it certainly surpassed my expectations! Who knew that a story about plastic building blocks could have a sweet plot?
5. The Story behind God’s holy word – I am appreciating the step we’re taking back in our summer scripture studies, with sermons that look at “the forest,” not just “the trees.” Many thanks to our pastoral staff who are leading us beautifully through this review of sorts!