Wow – two thirds of my thirty-day journey are past – it’s hard to believe! So today I’ll take the time to highlight five things that didn’t get mentioned yet, though there may have been days I wanted to. (I tend to go on and on and on, so it’s good for me to have that limited list of five each day.
5 things of thanks from various times – today or last week or last month, finally having their moment of recognition:
1. finishing a really good book – even if it makes me cry. I just finished The Book Thief last week, and I wept at the end, but this was okay.
2. Mackinac Island – We had never been to Macinac Island before, the spot where my parents celebrated their honeymoon 49 years ago, so it was fun to visit for our 20th anniversary! Very beautiful, and “quaint” was the most accurate descriptor we could pinpoint. 🙂
3. scones – fresh ones made by my loving sister-in-law – yum!
4. extroverts and introverts – Being more of an introvert myself, I am so thankful of the spectrum of personas that populate our lovely world!
5. electric lights – This is so something that I take for granted daily; I appreciate the ability to light up a room with the flick of a switch! I know that those switches don’t magically cause the luminescence to emerge, but talented electricians have strung rubber-coated copper wires to complete a circuit and send a signal to a glass-enclosed bulb of some sort… rather cool, I must say.