What a lovely month it’s been thus far! July does seem to speed by, so I’m glad I’m taking a few moments each day to remember a few things I may otherwise take for granted.
5 things I’m thankful for today:
1. home – Dorothy was right: there’s no place like it. I so look forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight!
2. fast food – on the way home from a lengthy trip, it is nice to be able to stop and pick up a nice, warm meal, one with no dishes we need to wash.
3. Frosties and fries – a Wendy’s chocolate Frosty is a lovely treat, perfect for dipping lightly salted French fries into… mmm! (You may laugh, but try it, and you may agree.)
4. Very fresh blackberries – how lovely to return home and find that our blackberry bushes were starting to offer delicious, ripened fruit for us to enjoy. These were more impressive than anything we saw at the Farmer’s Market last week – and so juicy!
5. comfy chairs – we have had a wonderful week spending time with family, but one thing truly am appreciating here at home is my comfy chair… I’m sure that my wonderful siblings, in-laws, parents, nieces and all would heartily agree in their own homes now. Wooden chairs, picnic tables, folding chairs and cramped couches work just fine, but the La-Z-Boy retains its special place of comfort for me 🙂 .