5 things of thanks for today:
1. Sabbath – I am certainly thankful for a “day of rest”! Sunday is a day we aim to keep this way, though “rest” isn’t always defined the same way.
2. generous hearts – it has been a joy to watch as our daughters each give their Sunday morning time as leaders for the younger church attendees (ages 3-5). I think they each roll their eyes inwardly when I remind them that the antics they describe are the same things they did not too long ago. 🙂
3. working washing machine – two years ago, we came home from vacation, tried to wash our clothes, and found that our washing machine no longer worked. I am so thankful that history hasn’t repeated itself!
4. three quarter length sleeves – when a t-shirt isn’t quite enough for the weather but long sleeves are too warm for July, this sleeve length is just perfect. (I usually wear these more in September or October, but this year is a little unusual.)
5. my own pillow – Last night’s sleep was much more peaceful with my head resting on my own pillow. Others are fine, but I suppose that even my pillow falls into the “no place like home” category.