On this Sunday, it is simple to find things for which I am thankful! Why? For one thing, we had a church-wide “picnic” carry-in. For anybody who has ever attended a church potluck or who has been a part of a loving church family (or both, I hope), you will understand where this list comes from.
5 thankful things on this lovely day:
1. Sunday rest – It was lovely this morning to rest, reflect, then focus on our God. (And this day, we toted salad and cookies for our annual July 4 carry-in celebration. 🙂 )
- Worship – Making music together as a church family is a lovely way to join with others to praise our God!
- Love and friendship – With our church family, days like today help me realize just how thankful I am for these people in so many ways.
- Indoor picnic weather – Though I know our church tradition of a picnic at the park has been enjoyable, I so appreciated being able to sit in seats, have air conditioning, and avoid possible rain. 🙂
- Enjoying July 4 weekend with Canadian friends – It has been such a joy to share a full weekend with Canadian friends who hadn’t all been to our home before! What really helped make this work is that all seven of us are introverts to some degree, though some can exhibit extrovert tendencies.
What a lovely weekend!