As summer continues on, I am reminded each day of “little” blessings I take for granted! So here are a few:
5 bits of Everyday Thanks
- Zucchini! – The first large vegetables from our larger garden were able to be shredded tonight for Zucchini Alfredo – yum!
- First cherry tomato – There’s nothing like a fresh garden tomato! And T.R. was kind to share it with me. 🙂
- Huge sales – Each of our family member was able to find something we wanted at an University bookstore 50% off sale – awesome!
- Rain gap – After what seemed like neverending rain, several days in a row, things dried out enough that T.R. was able to mow, before our yard became a part of the nearby prairie… it was nice to have the stress lifted for a bit.
- Lack of drought – Over the past two years, we have had serious droughts of drought, and this has not been a problem at all this year. Though the rain is more than we would ask for right now, I’m thankful that we have not faced drought this year!