Another special day with family, making memories together… what am I thankful for?
5 thankful things for today:
- Extended family breakfast daily beginnings – On days when siblings, nieces, nephews, and parents are all staying together for a week at a lake cottage, I am finding it a joy to touch base with different generations as our day I starting.
- The Annual Outlet Mall tradition – We enjoy knowing that a Tuesday of our family vacation time will include a visit to a large “outlet mall” in northern Indiana – a fun trip indeed, with great deals on shoes, fun kitchen gadgets, and sale clothing.
- “Oinks”! – This fun ice cream joint in New Buffalo, MI, is reminiscent of Ivanhoe’s, with more than 50 kinds of ice cream. Mmmmm!
- Sharing and learning – We enjoyed time tonight sharing stories of giving and growing… pieces of life that will gain meaning in years to come. I am so glad they have this special week together!
- Fun card games – “Euchre” and “Diamonds” are both fun, and playing with partners is particularly fun as we turn a bit slap happy.” 🙂