We are indeed thankful for lovely days like today! How so? Here are a few ways:
1. Sunshine – Even when I’m not outside, I love being able to enjoy the lovely light… in the morning, it isn’t too hot yet, and it’s nice to be able to enjoy a little bit of the fresh air.
2. Air conditioning – One MS symptom that can be particularly frustrating this time of year is extreme sensitivity to heat. (By this, I mean temperatures above 74 degrees.) Heat is “my kryptonite,” and air conditioning makes it possible for me to function during warmer seasons. Thank you, AC!
3. Fresh berries on morning cereal – What a blessing it is to have freshly picked blackberries on the morning cereal!
4. New porch glider – With a special gift card I received at the completion of my Kids Hope ministry time, I purchased a porch glider (that was nicely put together by my very talented husband, as it arrived in a box, in pieces). Now we have a shady space where I can sit and enjoy the breeze, with T.R. and I can sit together. (Or I can safely go there on my own… when one isn’t extremely mobile, it’s nice to have these spaces.)
5. A final late wake-up morning – With plans we have this weekend, next week, then with school coming quite soon, this was really the last morning without an enforced wake-up time for our daughters. I rested also, of course, but not quite as long. 🙂 It has been nice to have the extra rest that summer brings!