Today, I thought I’d highlight a few simple blessings that may only warrant a passing thought. Time to think again – care to join me?
- Freshly washed sheets – What a wonderful feeling to have soft, freshly scented sheets to slip between. Aaaaahhh.
- Teflon pans – How nice for food not to be inexorably stuck onto the inside of a cooking pan.
- Soft carpet beneath my feet – what a blessing to have a soft surface to walk on, when my feet are bare.
- Electric lights – flick of a switch – and there is light! No candle, no fire, no mess. It’s magical.
- Music – I love the sound of piano melodies wafting through the air as a daughter practices “just for fun.”