Today’s 5 Thankful things – ice cream, family, and memories:
- Fun ice cream shop – Oink’s Dairy Delight offers a fun trip for our family each summer – wonderful dips of hard ice cream in more flavors than Ivanhoe’s has in its case. And fun decorations, even in the parking spots!
- Thoughtful little meal choices – When somebody like me has annoying allergies (like jalapeño peppers and black pepper), it is so appreciated when those preparing meals find ways to kindly, not ostentatiously, make necessary alterations. Thank you, Phoenix and Laura!
- Cousin love – It is such a beautiful thing when cousins who haven’t seen one another for months (about a year, really) get to see one another, even if only for a few hours. Love you, Carolyn and Pam! It is especially enjoyable to trip through past memories, and to give our own children a chance to touch base with their second cousins.
- The quietest “party game” ever – “Codenames” is great fun, and our family, ages 9-73, really enjoyed playing this game several times. The game has won several awards, and I see why!
- The family puzzle – We brought a “3-D Castle” puzzle with us to the lake this year, and at least six different family members worked together to complete this. With my uncooperative vision, puzzles tend to be an exercise in frustration for me, but I really enjoy viewing completed masterpieces!