Today’s 5 Thankful things – blueberries, shopping, and unplanned tech adventure:
- Fresh blueberries – Fresh blueberries are one of my very favorite fruits! I think I was first turned on to this delicious, juicy, plump and tender berry when I was three-and-a-half. How am I so specific? When Matt was born, toddler me was staying at Aunt Chrisann’s house. And she took us to a local blueberry farm one day, where we picked these wonderful berries. Buckets in my mind, but when they came home we brought them back to the house and ate the fruits, I thought they were the best ever. Surprisingly, I never picked blueberries at a farm again. Not able to do the picking myself, I so appreciate when we can visit a blueberry farm and purchase boxes of these delicacies, pre-picked by folks that day. Mmmmmm… will talk more about these in days go come.
- Unplanned tech adventure – The day we arrived at the lake is the day I first heard in the news about a little game called pokemon go… you may have heard about it. But my brother and husband have spent several days finding and collecting digital characters as they took walks on the streets in this area. And we’re talking about two tech professionals here… it’s been fun to watch.
- Wireless internet access – I appreciate having the ability to make a connection to the online world at a new place, making it so I can upload this blog without needing to plug in somewhere.
- Outlet bargains – Our first day in town, we went straight to Pepperidge Farm outlet store, where we purchased 8 or so loaves of bread and a bag of bagels for only $12.23, or something like that. A week of sandwich bread and such… awesome! (This even included a loaf of blueberry swirl bread!)
- Family shopping traditions – The outlet mall offers a neat place for kids in the family to find back-to-school shoes and such each year. Great tradition, even if it means that school is less than a month away. …yes, it is.