Today’s 5 Thankful things – The home fires are now burning, and more:
- First fire in new fire pit – We got to share this with our special neighbors, the Dennings. T.R. and I had the chance to put our “Official S’more Tester” t-shirts to proper use.
- Patio and fire pit designed with accessibility in mind – The path to the fire pit from our house is clear and open, with benches around ¾ of the circle, then a space for me to sit on a chair without needing to scoot in on a bench. Or to stay in a wheelchair if necessary.
- Garden flowers – Emily cut a lovely zinnia and coneflower bouquet to adorn our table – I do love fresh flowers!
- Family movie together – Since T.R. and I are “children of the 80’s,” we were intrigued by the idea of a Ghostbusters reboot… and when we saw that the ghostbusters were all females this time, our daughters decided they had to see it also. What a fun trip!
- Revitalizing lovely spots – I’m so glad that Wabash has revamped the Eagle’s Theatre! This historic Vaudeville Theatre had been turned into a movie theater when I was growing up, but after many years of disuse, it was reopened a year or two ago. With renovations inside and great prices, our family appreciates the chances to stop at the Eagle’s on occasion!