This lovely but HOT Sunday held many things for which I am thankful, but I’ll narrow it down for brevity’s sake.
Today’s 5 Thankful things:
- Air conditioning! – With today’s temperatures climbing to around 90 degrees Fahrenheit (heat index over 100), I was very thankful for air conditioning!
- Willis Carrier – I am thankful for this American engineer who first designed a heating plant, then a lumber drying kiln, and even a coffee dryer before developing the first-ever air conditioner for a Brooklyn Lithography and Printing company. He was only twenty-five years old when he developed this design, and his invention changed the world!
- Blackberry jam – As each new day finds scads of blackberries for us to pick from our garden, I am blessed that T.R. and the girls were able to make several jars of jam for us to save and share.
- Blackberries to share – What fun it is to share berries with our friends and neighbors! Picking them becomes a little more enjoyable when the weather cools a bit… and I will be thankful when it does.
- Writing – I am so thankful for opportunities over
the past year to grow as a writer! Reading today’s blog, I see many imperfections, but I am thankful that I am developing a better eye for noticing those errors. More thoughts here will come over the next few days!