Today’s 5 Thankful things:
- Reading through an entire book – As life throws curve balls my way, I rarely have the chance to read through for an entire book in one week, just for fun. But last week, I did! Many thanks to Rachael Phillips for writing more than a cozy mystery, but a heartfelt tale of a young, intelligent lady who searched for and found Amish roots she didn’t discover until she helped uncover the story of a shocking murder. I can’t recommend her book Secrets of the Amish Diary enough. (And if you enjoy bulldogs, you’ll fall in love with the dog, “Beans.”)
- Bagels and blueberries – Cream cheese and fresh blueberries atop a bagel were
such a lovely breakfast feast this morning – many thanks to my daughter, Emily, for putting this together!
- Fresh, cheery daisies – So nice!
- Our garden’s first okra of the season – Tender and tasty, I had to enjoy it raw – these are even better than I remembered. Yum!
- Queen Anne’s Lace – After bringing in daisies, Em also entered with two stems of Queen Anne’s lace, my favorite wildflower. I had a version of these in my wedding bouquet twenty-two years ago, and I’m sure people would pay good money to grow these in their gardens if they didn’t grow on their own.